Saturday, October 7, 2023

Reboot?

Well it's been a little bit.

 

Over the past years I hadn't found a whole lot of 40King time, a lot of weekends spoken for by other things. I hadn't been especially thrilled with the game in general anyway, and 10th has not sparked big fires either. Maybe getting back with a semi-regular group would help. 

I have done up some 40K models, which I can toss up in future posts. But for now, this is about the past. Specifically, ten thousand years in the past...(from 40K)

I've had Heresy models for a long time, picking up both prior Heresy boxes, using the figures for 40K stuff and even building a small "Heresy" army of Iron Warriors played with 40K space marine rules, and played a few small games in Heresy 1.0 using them. But it was never big locally and I did not get deeper.

    With the relaunch, with more and more coming out in plastic vs. resin - and as a result, cheaper to boot, I was interested enough to start tossing more money in. At first I figured I would expand my Iron Warriors. Advancing infantry backed up by heavy weapon squads and artillery, plod up and grind the enemy down with shell, beam and blade.

    Looking through my shiny new Liber Hereticus, I started plotting out my Iron Warriors. And then Alpha Legion drew my interest...and Death Guard, which reminded me of the army of them I made a decade ago.

    More planning, and as I was flipping around certain pictures kept catching my eye. Pictures with purple and gold. A great combination, and one I used in the past for a marine army in...4th edition? that I ended up selling. But...I didn't especially care for the Emperor's Children, or their particular breed of downfall.

    But...every Heresy player should end up with a Traitor and a Loyalist army right? And since I was more set on Death Guard for my Traitors (spewing all sorts of chemical nastiness about) maybe I could do EC but make them Loyalists? Ignore the sonic stuff and just be marines with a grudge?  Purple and gold marines with a grudge.

    And with the announcement of new plastic MkIII armor coming later that while not perfect would look great for Death Guard, I figured I would start with the EC, and the Recon Company list that I ended up with.  

    So some building and spraying later, we're on the way.

 


 Centurion Delegatus with "power spear" (Trident from Green Stuff World)

Seekers. I really like units that are just dudes with bolters and fancy ammo, like Sternguard.


Army Painter "Alien Purple" spray on the figures. Sector Mechanicus bases, starting in gold 1) as it should tie in but not have figure get lost in it and 2) when suitably dirtied up will represent the once-bright Imperial dream they're standing on the ruins of.

1 comment:

  1. Welcome back! Its great to see you posting again, eager to play some more games too!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails