Sunday, March 27, 2016

Castles in the Sand



I picked these sand castle building buckets up at Dollar Tree, figuring for a buck each they would be worth fooling around with.  I took off the shovel and straps and primed them black.  Chaos temple, bastion stand in, maybe void shield generator?


Then a textured granite spray to give it a better stone appearance.  Added some decorations from the GW Arcane Ruins set.  I need to pick another one up sometime - the various big skulls have served me well.

I thought about trimming the raised lip off, but decided to try to incorporate it instead.  A little green paint on the bottom and floor wax on top (still drying in these pics) to make a moat of sorts.  Is it just algae?  Some sort of chaos slime?  Part of a mystic barrier containing or focusing the energies within?  Maybe all three.  I thought about trying to paint some kind of mystic portal for the doors, but am leaving them alone for now.


I found some neat faceted Easter eggs in various colors and thought about using them for a crystal dome/power crystal on the roof.  At the moment I think I will leave them off and leave the roof open.

One will end up in the local store (one of the reasons kept pretty simple - terrain in game stores tends to see rough use), the other will stay home.

5 comments:

  1. This is so cool -- an excellent idea a great execution!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha, fun little project. For home use it might be nice to have some flags and banners. You could probably do them with magnets to make them a little more durable.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails