Sunday, July 17, 2016

Shards of Anaris Campaign Week 2


Another week into the Shards of Anaris campaign!  Today we had six players turn out, with Chaos Marines, Khorne Daemonkin, Necrons, Orks, Space Wolves and Ultramarines.  Above, Leonard's Orks and Nathan's Necrons battle over a Shard in an old warzone littered with minefields.  



Later in the game, with the Morkonaut and lootas having taken their toll on the Necrons.  The Deffskulls made off their prize.


Another game, with sonofsonsoftaurus against Scott's Space Wolves, this time the "Yo Dawg I heard you like wolves so here's some wolves that ride wolves and wolves that turn into wolves" edition.  The wolves were just too fast, too hard hitting and too durable for the Ultramarines...this time.  Possessed Wulfen make off with a shard.  



I haven't gotten in a Recovery mission yet to grab a Shard myself, maybe next time.  Today I obliged two players who needed Recon missions to get Lore Points.  First Nathan and his Necrons and then John and his Khorne Daemonkin.  


Ok, I may be able to break these guys and run them down, as long as I don't fail a save for my last wou...rrrkkk!


Blue and silver vs. blue and silver
I ended up only permanently killing one model (one of the jetbikes above) and lost the bulk of my army, but we each ended up with three Lore Points.  Cheap cultists aren't good for much, but covering a lot of objectives against no opposition is one thing they do rather well!
Game 2 for me.  Khorne Daemonkin bikers speed towards some cultists.

Daemons arrive, ready for action!

"Excuse me, have you seen a large, old book?"
Five objectives down, and the Endless Ones try to speed over to the last one, but end up too late.  Game ends 3-3.
So far the Necrons, Space Wolves and Orks each have one Shard.  Who will be the next to locate and recover one?  Will the Shards be used in future battles - or are they too dangerous?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails