Sunday, January 6, 2013

Endless Ones: WIP Warp Talons plus Fantasy Chaos!


Though neglected for a while, I got some more work in on the warp talons this weekend.  They have a little ways to go, basing, likely some cleaning up and perhaps some more shading but being impatient I decided I wanted to go ahead and attach the wings.
 
 
 










I've also been invited to join a small-scale WHFB campaign, and using what I already have painted came up with a 500pt force.  Behold the Bargarian Hordes!


Well, a part of the hordes at any rate.  Coming up from Bargaria into the lands of the Border Princes, Thrak Skullsplitter (exalted champion, extra hand weapon....ooooo) leads his Chaos Warriors with a chariot to handle pesky flankers or run down any fleeing opponents and some ravening hounds to sniff out the enemy and get in their way.  The warriors I had leftover from my old Chaos army.  The chariot is second-hand.  I just did a little touch up and shading on it for now, but I guess I will need to get it on a chariot base at some point.  The hounds are from my Hell Hounds Chaos Marines, used as lesser daemons.  With the codex change, they were looking for a new home anyways, and Thrak got a good bulk deal on them at the miniatures pound.

6 comments:

  1. I would do the same thing if I built Raptors, I would use the Possessed wings.....like the vibrant colors!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have been storing them up for use when I eventually made Raptors, but now that there are two varieties, they went to the Warp Talons. I plan to make regular Raptors too, but I think they'll get jump packs. I have a few wings left over for characters.

      As for the colors, I wanted them to be bright and somewhat garish, but not too tacky. Hope I end up on the right side of the line!

      Delete
  2. The Warp Talons look good. Do you know if anybody else can join in the 500 pt WHFB campaign? I want to get back into fantasy and 500 pt games would be a good way to refresh the 8th ed rules.

    ColKG

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yessir, the more the merrier, i'm the Organizer. We are trying to go for a very heavy "fluff" oriented games, with lots of scenarios and events based on things from the Old Generals Compendium book.

      Delete
    2. Thanks ColK!

      Glad to hear you're joining the campaign; should be a fun time!

      Delete
    3. Thanks for the invite. I have a copy of the compendium too and really like play games using it.

      ColKG

      Delete

Related Posts with Thumbnails