Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Interlude - Yarrick

Flu bad.  Flu icky.  Mean flu.  Blargh.

I had planned to game yesterday, hoping to get a chance to tackle Rob's Baneblade.  He hadn't been able to find a taker last time, so I told him I'd give it a shot next time, but still coughing too much to feel good about going down to the store.  Next week maybe.

Taking a break from the Scythiak to do some misc. minor projects in between sleep and working on papers for school.





First out of the gate was finishing up the Yarrick I was making to go with my Merkan 76th IG.  He's not part of my regular lists, just done as a bit of a lark.

I named him after Robert Frederick, a renowned and highly decorated US leader in WWII.  Among his other distinctions, he collected eight Purple Hearts and kept going, which I thought was fitting for a Yarrick stand in. 









See, the purity seal makes using the xenos powerklaw OK.  I guess.













Next up is a sneak peak of the second item on the list:


For those who aren't familiar, it's a set of Ork Killer Kans for Kommissar Krumpa's Blood Axes.  I've wanted to put them together for quite a while, and they'll be a good unit to use the airbrush on, making camo stripes and such, so I decided now was the time.  Hopefully I can feel good enough to get these school projects under control soon and get seriously cracking on the Kans.

7 comments:

  1. I feel your pain on the flu! It sucks!

    Well, here is wishing you a a speedy recovery!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Feel better man. Flu sucks it big.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Purity seals hide all manner of sins, much like a Indian throw or a rug.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Blarg. Thanks guys.

    Someone should throw a rug or something over the Eye of Terror.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope you're feeling better, best wishes!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sage tea will help as will honey and lemon.

    for the latter, Juice of 1/2 a lemon, 2 tea spoons (The smallest spoon)of honey chop up 1/2 inch of ginger very small. get well soon

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks folks! Doing much better now. Still a little run down, but that might be partly due to Daylight Savings Time!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails