Monday, November 22, 2010

Bash from the Past: Tourney Report 1250pt Annihilation

January 2010

Day One, unfortunately forgot my camera so no pics. :( If I manage to make it out tomorrow will hopefully remember it this time (with my keys, so shouldn't forget!) and get some shots of the various armies.

At the local Hobbytown, 1250pts, all games Annihilation, pitched battle setup. Only four (4x4) tables available, so that slowed things down as there were more than 8 players, so rounds were staggered and we only got three rounds in today, will be more tomorrow.

Interesting mix of armies. IIRC there were:

Orksx3 (horde Goffs [?], my mostly mech Blood Axes, mixed Deathskulls)
IGx3
--loyalist with valk, russes, ratlings, chimera sqd, psykers, inf blob
--loyalist with manticore, russes, Straken, Master of Ord, chimera sqd, inf blob
--Tzeentchian traitors - hydra, russes, Master of Ord, lots of vet sqds w/powerfist/some weapons/demo charges, stormtroopers
Dark Angelsx2 (one Deathwing, one Doublewing)
World Eatersx2 (both footsloggers, one with termies, one with chosen)
Tyranid (last hurrah of old book, flying choppy tyrant, choppy carnifex, broodlord+stealters, WoN termagaunts, hormagaunts, pimped up rippers)

I think that's all the armies, might be another one I don't recall...

List I used (1250):
Warboss Mega armor/cybork/bosspole
5xmeganobs, 3xshoota-skorchas
--riding in Battlewagon, ram, grot riggers, armor plates, grabbin klaw, 2xbig shootas

Big mek, KFF, eavy armor
riding with
11 shoota boys in trukk (ram, rokkit)

12 sluggas, PK/eavy armor/bosspole nob in trukk (ram, rokkit)

12 ard boys, PK/bosspole nob in trukk (ram, rokkit)

30 shootas boys, 3 big shootas, nob eavy armor, bosspole, big choppa


Round One I was up against the 'nids, who combined their attention on my big footslogger mob while the rest of hte army rode around in the vehicles to avoid the MCs, though we did hop out to take out the hormagaunts who were away from the main force. After the outflanking stealers came on, they got roasted by the kombi-skorchas which killed all but the broodlord, who died later in an assault on my slugga boyz. The nids finished up the big squad and started moving back across the table towards my forces. The meganobs took out the tyrant at the loss of a couple of their own, and the trukk squads rode around and shot up the smaller bugs. After the chaff was cleared, a combined slugga/ard boy charge on the carnifex took it down at the cost of the remaining sluggas. 7-2 win for Orks.

Round Two I was up against the manticore IG. His early shooting was effective, though he never managed to get more than one template out of the manticore. With poor rolling on cover saves on my part, all the trukks got wrecked early and the squads shot up. The battlewagon did manage to close, and the meganobz assaulted the big blob squad after skorcha-ing it up. With a waagh, the few remaining sluggas made it to a Russ and blew it up, the ard boys made it to the big scrum, and the foot mob made it to the chimera and blew it up. Eventually the 50+commissar mob got chewed through, but Straken made it over after disposing of the sluggas, and firepower took down the big shoota mob. At the end I had the warboss and one meganob left. 9-3 win for IG.

Round Three I was up against the Tzeentchian guard. I managed to get across the table mostly intact, and the meganobs piled out and prepared to assault three squads at once. Slow and Purposeful assault roll...one, one. Ugh. Lots of fire poured into the nobs, killing a couple but not enough. Next turn tank shocked one squad off the table with the battlewagon, nobs beat two squads and later a Russ, trukk shootas bashed up a Russ, foot sluggas took out stormtroopers, then later started beating up the hydra and command squad. Ended as Ork victory, 9-3.

So 2:1 so far. I think the manticore IG, Ork horde, and Deathwing are all undefeated at the moment.

What I recall of other matches:
Tzeentch IG vs. Deathwing, DW win
Horde Orks vs. Doublewing, Orks win
Chosen WE vs. Doublewing, Doublewing win
Chosen WE vs. manticore IG, IG win
Deathskulls vs. valkyrie IG, Deathskulls win

OK, day two. Got in one game, against the Deathskulls. For the 5th round I got a bye, so decided to leave a little early and get some more time in w/the family.

Da boyz ready for action:
Image

Deathskulls had:
BW/deathrolla w/20boyz
Warboss with big mob
Bigger mob
trukk w/5 meganobz
looted wagon/boomgun
8 lootas
three buggies/TL rokkits

He won first turn/setup first. I set up with my big shoota mob in a building opposite his fast stuff, with my transports facing his foot mobs.

Image

Image

Image

He moves forward, shooting takes out one trukk. I move up a little and do a little shooting. Take out a couple of boys, and the building shoota mob manages to take out the meganob trukk. It kareens over to mid-field back towards his side and deposits the meganobs. He waaaghs and his big foot mob manages to roll well enough to hit my disembarked sluggas, wiping them out. Meganob kombi-skorchas, shoota fire and a charge from the ardboyz take them out in return. Later ardboyz and meganobs take out the warboss and other big foot mob. His battlewagon mob takes out the shootas in the building, and later get stuck in a fight with my trukk shoota mob and mek. My megas move away from his, not wanting to go into MAD just yet, and lootas and looted wagon take out more vehicles and the ardboyz.

My boss charges in to help the trukk sluggas/mek, but rolls so poorly he can't save them, though he does eventually wipe out the battlewagon mob, just in time to get steamrollered by the deathskull meganobs. My megas meanwhile took out the buggies and the battlewagon, which was just getting finished deathrollering a trukk.

For the last hurrah, my megas, unable to make it over to his looted wagon, turned on the enemy megas, four charging against five defenders. Once the klaws fell silent, it was all over except the lootin'. I was wiped out, while the Deathskulls still had the lootas and the looted wagon. Victory Orks! Well, the other Orks! :D

Fun game, neat looking army with fun looking vehicle conversions.

Some shots of the Deathskulls from the game:

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

A couple shots of another wagon of his that wasn't used for this game:

Image

Image

When I left the Manticore/Straken guard were setting up to play the Deathskulls. I expect the M/S guard will take it, and the tournament, but we will see.

I kept wishing for my lobbas. If I do another list at this size I think I'll try harder to keep them in. My big foot mob died 3 times out of four, but it usually fulfilled its purpose of drawing fire and assaults away from my trukks. The megas were great, the skorchas especially.

Some pics of other armies:

Part of the manticore/Straken force:

Image

Looted wagon from the horde Orks:

Image

Deathwing:

Image

Valk IG:

Image

One of the World Eater armies. The pics don't show off the army too well, but this would have been my pick for best-painted.

Image

Image

Tzeentchian Traitor Guard:

Image

Couple of shots of action at other tables:

Image

Image

Thanks to Mike @ Hobbytown for organizing and running the event! We were hampered by having too many people for the available tables which slowed things down, and some attrition over the two days confused things more, but still managed to have some fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails