|It's from Rhino records, so even more 40K related!|
Yesterday we had a post about how Games Workshop has started including some extra hype along with newer units on their online store. This raised a few eyebrows (even in some cases a double raised eyebrow!), and brought about the following suggestion from Papa JJ:
Oh please oh please oh please I hope they go back and add uh... characterful... text like this for all the other units available. Wow, just think how awesome the write-up for Chaos Spawn would be.I think that's a great idea. So let's do it! Hype contest!
"Remember the terrified look on your opponents face when you first placed your writhing, misbegotten horde of Chaos Spawn on the tabletop? Or the disbelieving expressions you received when pointing out that they don't even take up a spot in your FOC? Oh wait, that never happened... sorry. Hahahahaha, joke's on you! Kit comes with enough pieces to assemble two complete Chaos Spawn per box."
Pick one of the more maligned 40K units and give it a one or two paragraph hyped-up blurb like GW did for the Stormraven and Furioso (see previous post for links if needed). Post your overhyped tripe in the comments for us all to see and laugh at.
But what's a contest without prizes? We have the greatest* prizes in the history of gaming, nay the world! These will knock your socks off!** Be sure you're sitting down, take a hit from your inhaler and have the shock paddles handy before reading further!
The winner will have the choice of:
- Tac squad and captain from the Assault on Black Reach set.
- 20 on-sprue Catachan Jungle Fighters (excess from the Scythiak project)
- Tamiya 1/35 M41 Walker Bulldog tank kit, unopened
- 5 built, unpainted RTB01 Space Marines with bolters, perhaps useful as a small Sternguard squad?
- Steel Legion lascannon team and Imperial Guard Commissar (axe and hand flamer) both in blisters.
* Subjective and unrealistic assessment.
** If you use the physical items to do so yourself.