Thursday, September 6, 2012

Doing the Kan-Kan - WIP Ork walkers


I managed to get some painting in on the Ork walkers, so here's a group shot!

Still some details and basing to do, but for the most part here's how they'll look.  Tossed the army's battlewagon into the pic to show generally how they fit into the army scheme.  That grabbing klaw should also be handy if one of the walkers falls over.  It already sees use loading meganobs into the wagon.

These are also the first minis that I actually managed to use my airbrush, given to me many moons ago, on.  It still kept getting clogged and giving me fits, so I only managed to get base color on and a little bit of one camo shade on some of them before giving up and returning to brushes.  

After so long concentrating on the Space Sharks, it was nice to have a change of pace!





4 comments:

  1. Nice! I really dig the dusty weatherbeaten look - good stuff, man!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look great! I've been considering an airbrush for my vehicles but it's been hard to make the investment.

    I can relate to the change of pace as I've recently put down my marines to return to the orks. It's nice to have a second (or third, etc.) army to switch to and keep things fresh.

    ReplyDelete
  3. There are things that an airbrush can do so much more easily than you can with a traditional brush. I look forward to being able to keep mine from clogging and get the consistent results required to do good things with it. Not there yet!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails