It's been six months since my last project list update, at least as far as I can tell. With the Space Sharks done for now and my starting to ramp up back into Chaos Marines, it seems like a good time to update things.
- Space Sharks! --DONE!
- Two armored sentinels for the Merkans. --DONE!
- Manticore for either Merkans or Scythiak. Maybe I'll even be ambitious and magnetize some iconography panels so it can either be Imperial or recently captured. --DONE! (for Merkans)
- 2-3 Chimeras for Merkans.
- Multiple counts-as Chimeras for the Scythiak.
- Blob platoon for Scythiak using spare Steel Legion figures.
- Finish painting second rough rider squad for Scythiak.
- Killer Kans and Dreadnought for Orks. --DONE! Plus repainted two older metal ork dreads.
- Burnas, Tankbustas, Lootas for Orks, plus potentially extra looted/battle wagons.
- Eldar Corsairs - more figures have been obtained, but actual work is probably quite some time away.
- New and refurbished Chaos Marines for the Endless Ones and associated forces like Sons of Taurus, Tears of Sanguinius, Abbysal Reavers and Heralds of Oblivion. Probably at least enough to fill out a full FOC. --Some progress done - Land Raider, Predator, Defiler, working on some Abyssal Reavers now.
- Cheap terminator Deathwing. - DONE! Completed as part of the Space Sharks, the Deathfin army is complete, at least for now! (April 2012)
- Zulus for Mogambian army in RPG campaign. --Going on hold; the campaign will likely end before I finish the Zulus, but the other African figures I've done have seen a good bit of use.
- Misc Reaper, etc. RPG figs.
- Ork barricades. Done! (April 2012)
- Redo city table.
- Other terrain. Battlescape done, more plans made. (April 2012)
- Fantasy Warriors of Chaos.
With the new Chaos Space Marines, there are three general ways I'm thinking of going with them.
1) Spiky marines - marines and vehicles, straight up bad guy marines
2) Why yes, we are Chaos, why do you ask? - Focus on things that are different from regular marines - Daemon Princes, Possessed/Warp Talons, Cultists, Spawn, Daemon Engines, Daemon allies.
3) All Rotten on the Western Front - Back when I first got back into 40K in 3rd ed, one of the army types I wanted to do was kind of a 40K WWI army with plague marines in land raiders alongside zombies and gasmasked troopers. It could work under the old Lost and the Damned list in Codex: Eye of Terror, and the Servants of Decay list in IA7 was perfect for this, but I never got around to it before. Now with the new CSM book and Allies it can be done again for regular play, so I'll try to get it done in time this time around.
I'll be working on all three more or less simultaneously, and they'll be able to mix and match in, but those are the three basic styles I'll be working on.