Sunday, July 29, 2012

So I guess lightsabers are AP3


Watching Star Wars with my son this weekend I found myself realizing things I had never known before, which prove what a visionary George Lucas really is, and how much of 6th edition 40K can be found in Star Wars.


It first came to me watching the duel between Darth Vader and Obi wan Kenobi. Obviously a Challenge in action. For a while, they were evenly matched. But what broke the deadlock? Five storm troopers came running over to watch, giving Vader a re-roll, after which he promptly won.

Next during the attack on the Death Star, it became apparent that the turbo-lasers defending the trench didn't have Skyfire as they never managed to hit a fighter.  Heck, maybe they don't even operate on ballistic skill at all!  To knock out flyers, they needed flyers of their own.

It's all making sense now...



6 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails