I picked this puppy up back in November at GU, but only recently got around to putting it together and slapping paint on. I'm sure that it will see service in the 40K league soon.
As I usually do the first time with a kit, I kept the build pretty straightforward. I originally planned to do it up with my airbrush, but it kept being cold so aside from a quick spray day for the top and bottom base I've used regular old bristle brushes.
I went with a split top/bottom scheme, like many real-world planes - the idea being that if you're looking at it from above, it's more likely to blend with the ground, and looking at it from below, it's more likely to blend with the sky. Today when most kills are made out of sight with radar locks and such visual ID isn't as important, but since the dakkajet and other 40K flyers are set in an age of short-range dogfights I figured that it would be appropriate.
Besides, blue is lucky, so the plane is extra protected from ground fire!
Still WIP, need to paint up the pilot/cockpit and attach the canopy. May add some markings to the plane, but haven't decided what yet.